Congratulations to the awardees who have completed the application process and earned the COVID-19 Grant.
NMHC COVID-19 Relief Grants are primarily for immediate relief and anticipated losses to organizations and individuals between the period March 15, 2020 - October 31, 2020.
Total funds available for distribution: $251,167.00
|For Organizations:||For Individuals:|
|1. Must be a CNMI-based non-profit group, a museum, or library. |
2. Demonstrate a need for resources to mitigate impact of COVID-19 on operations and/or programming for the period March 15, 2020 – October 31, 2020.
3. Must support activities that provide public humanities-based programs.
4. Non-eligible organizations: a group focused primarily on the arts, a religious group, a government agency, a K-12 school or college/university.
|1. Must be an adult (18 years of age or older) and a resident in the CNMI for at least one year prior to application submission date.
Consistent with the intent of the legislation and NEH policy, humanities scholars and other individuals participating in humanities programming and projects must be United States citizens, residents of U.S. jurisdictions, or foreign nationals who have been residing in the United States or its territories for at least the three years immediately preceding the application deadline.
2. Must be a humanities scholar, expert, practitioner, or participant in humanities programming.
3. Must demonstrate actual and/or anticipated loss of fees in connection to planned participation in humanities-based projects or activities between March 15, 2020 – October 31, 2020.
The Council will review applications in batches submitted prior to the following deadlines:
Round 1: May 15, 2020
Round 2: June 19, 2020
Round 3: July 31, 2020
How to apply:
Interested applicants must complete the COVID-19 Relief Grant application form online located at this link:
IMPORTANT: Applicants are encouraged to first download and respond to application prompts and questions offline using a COVID-19 Relief Grant – application questions (*doc) file. This is available as a link found under the COVID-19 Relief Grant Materials section on this page. Completing a form offline will ensure that your application is saved and you are able to complete the online application on your first attempt.
COVID-19 Relief Grant Materials:
Link to online application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WR8CZCP
Title of Article: Date Published: Organization: Link to Article:
Humanities Council Donates 10K to Racism in America Project September 24, 2020 Saipan Tribune Article Published on Saipan Tribune
Humanities Council Awards COVID-19 Relief Grants June 18, 2020 Saipan Tribune Article Published on Saipan Tribune
Humanities Council Awards COVID-19 Relief Grant June 18, 2020 Marianas Variety Article Published on Marianas Variety
NMHC Seeks Applicants for COVID-19 Relief Grant Program May 07, 2020 Saipan Tribune Article Published on Saipan Tribune
Northern Marianas Humanities Council Announces COVID-19 Relief Grant for Cultural Non-Profits and Participants in Humanities Programming May 04, 2020 Marianas Variety Article Published on Marianas Variety
For Questions and Assistance: